Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
bumlove

Re: Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

Post by bumlove »

thanks Neodos I'll try again "with caution" ( I bricked 2 boxes in less than 12 hours) I've found a pile of dlls my best result was my dash loaded back up after loading the bios thing I got into halo (very bloody slow loading which tell me something else is running in the background) once I tried rth (standalone and ent2.17 it froze)
your not using a memory upgraded xbox by any chance?

btw I WAS USING XDI PERHAPS i WON'T AGAIN
neodos

Post by neodos »

If you're able to load the debug bios and so it should right up load the debug menu, then if you're having problems with RTH apps its due to the xbdm.dll, try the "old" version.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

working fantastically, loving projectile swaps like a 2006 noob "Look at me gun, it shoots..........everything"

many thanks to neodos
neodos

Post by neodos »

Glad it worked for you too :mrgreen: have fun ;)
kronosslayer

Post by kronosslayer »

i am having trouble connect i have configured my ip and entity wont even respond when i click connect
neodos

Post by neodos »

Try to ping it, you have to connect through the debug IP make sure you have the right subnet mask for the debug ip too.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

try the standalone RTH Version 1, it will tell you if you have the IP set correctly if you're getting the Debug dash working thats 1/2 the fight, some entities rth are hit and miss
remember you need a different IP for the debug dash (why? IDK) also it needs to be in range of your pcs IP (for cross over users) or in range of your Hub/switch (i.e. switch 192.168.0.1 xbox normal 192.168.0.101 xbox debug 192.168.0.102) mine goes switch as above pc 192.168.0.139 xbox debug 192.168.0.140 xb1 192.168.0.141 xb2 192.168.0.142 xb3 ends .143 good luck

oh yeah subnet mask too like neodos says 255.255.255.0
kronosslayer

Post by kronosslayer »

My ip, subnet mask, and gateway are all configured. Im using effects studio and it will connect. but my xbox freezes as i poke the meta? I have diabled in game reset. This is my xbdm config settings. are the settings supposed to be pointing to bytes or do i put my ip / gateway and things in there

Code: Select all

[xbdm]
dbgname name=xbox
staticip use=1, addr=0x6800a8c0
subnet addr=0x00ffffff
gateway addr=0x0100a8c0
memtrack flags=0x0 stackdepth=0x0
dbgoptions crashdump=1 dpctrace=1
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

I know this thread is pretty old but id really like to debug at least one of my xbox's for RTH. i have a v1.0a and a 1.1b and and a 1.6, but to my understanding the 1.6 wont work at all. Ive tried this debug pack on each of them, but each one throws and error. Whether the screen gets black or the text from the error flies across the screen, or i get an error 13, i just cant get it to work. If anybody could help me out id greatly appreciate it
neodos

Post by neodos »

Error 13:
13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

Most likley you might not have copied some files or at the wrong place/wrong name, make sure you also have your original dashboard files on C:\ but don't overwrite you modded dashboard xbe
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

neodos wrote:Error 13:
13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

Most likley you might not have copied some files or at the wrong place/wrong name, make sure you also have your original dashboard files on C:\ but don't overwrite you modded dashboard xbe
Oh i made sure i copied everything right, i checked it so many times. i even tried other tutorials online and still cant get it to work. :/
neodos

Post by neodos »

Like this?
neodos wrote:This is what you should have:

C:\data
C:\images
C:\media
C:\sounds
C:\xshell.xbe

E:\DEVKIT
E:\dashboard.xbx
E:\xbdm.dll

Also this (which is contained on the "debug mode bios loader" folder):

E:\boot.cfg
E:\default.xbe
E:\Xbions.bin

Now from your dashboard (i use XBMC) launch the E:\default.xbe it should load the debug bios and boot on the debug dashboard.

If your are using Evox dashboard make sure the ingame reset option (i can't remember the name) is not enabled.
Eventually make sure you have the xbox default dashboard files on C:\ and E:\ if you don't and you add it back, becareful not replacing your modded dashboard XBE

Also what modchip are you using

or do you have an exploit (that could be the problem)?
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

exactly like that. however i dont have a modchip, i softmodded it.
neodos

Post by neodos »

I am affraid the problem is the softmod itself since it modified files of the original dashboard, there might be a way to work it around =)
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I somehow doubt its an issue with the softmod...but it's been ages since I looked at an xbox from a none debug perspective so I can't help much sorry.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I have run a debug bios from a softmod, I don't remember if I still have it set up to do so now, but I believe I used xdi at some point. I know it involves the pheonix bios loader.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

OwnZ joO wrote:I have run a debug bios from a softmod, I don't remember if I still have it set up to do so now, but I believe I used xdi at some point. I know it involves the pheonix bios loader.
If you can find out how you did it or tell me how to do it that would great man
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

I have a 1.6 with UnleashX and a shortcut to the debug dash. Using this debug pack.

It has been so long since I have messed with it, but it does work.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Eaton wrote:I have a 1.6 with UnleashX and a shortcut to the debug dash. Using this debug pack.

it doesnt work on any of my xbox's, including my 1.6. ive been told it wont work becasue i softmodded it rather than install a modchip
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

fuzzman wrote:
Eaton wrote:I have a 1.6 with UnleashX and a shortcut to the debug dash. Using this debug pack.

it doesnt work on any of my xbox's, including my 1.6. ive been told it wont work becasue i softmodded it rather than install a modchip
You've been told wrong, my Xbox is softmodded.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

hmm, well lucky you than lol, i tried this and a few other things and it still throws error 13 :/
neodos

Post by neodos »

Eaton wrote:
fuzzman wrote:

You've been told wrong, my Xbox is softmodded.

Well what softmod are you using exactly because there are some with different method, most common uses the original dashboard fonts to load the hacked bios, and that's the one Fuzzman has.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I also have a soft mod... all I know is, I installed it using a james bond game...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I installed mine with this, it worked on my softmodded, and my chip xbox.
I also used neodos debug pack after for some reason, my chip one stoped working.

Edit: Download removed by Ogrish.

Im not sure if i can post this or not, It has the XIG debug installer , dashboard.xbx, xbdm.dll, default.xbe, and a simple RTH App, and instructions how to set it up.

Mabe just IM me.
Heres a pic of whats it the file.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Yes you can, and if you mean for legal reasons my opinion is FOR GODS SAKE who the fuck cares anymore...
I posted part of the XDK nothing happenned to me, xbox is dead not like microsoft cares.