Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
neodos

Re: Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

Post by neodos »

Hmmmz, well I am not sure you have the same problem but I could start the debug mode but once in H2 it would crash or not connect and disabling the "IGR" (in game reset) setting on the evox dash config solved the problem.
And if you still have a problem check your ip configuration, if you're going through a router/switch to your xbox there might just be a problem of configuration at that level.

Also you do need to have the default dash files on C:\ becareful not to overwrite whatever is for your softmod.
As for the .dll I don't have access to my xbox right now :S
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

:)
Attachments
xbdm.zip
(112.35 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Thanks both to dark and neodos the .dll solved it for the non video error xbox so I'm happy, this time I will guard the working xbox with my life. It's alive
Quick question, is it best to crank up the fan speed when RTH'ing I remember Ogrish saying things can get overdriven/get hot/melt?
Oh slight correction you do not need the M$ dash, well I don't :?
Click16

Post by Click16 »

bumlove wrote:Thanks both to dark and neodos the .dll solved it for the non video error xbox so I'm happy, this time I will guard the working xbox with my life. It's alive
Quick question, is it best to crank up the fan speed when RTH'ing I remember Ogrish saying things can get overdriven/get hot/melt?
Oh slight correction you do not need the M$ dash, well I don't :?
If you want the fan speed at 100% all the time (Which is loud, but effective) just take the negative from the fan and wire it to your xbox's ground. (Wrap it around the head of a screw then screw the motherboard down.) But debugging, as far as I know, doesn't heat up anything.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Click16 wrote:Wrap it around the head of a screw then screw the motherboard down.
Click you fucking cowboy, I'm an electrician, I was to perform such.... butchery I'd use a crimp ring :XD:
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

You can change your fan speed, but when you load the debug dash it will revert to normal speed.

At least thats how mine does, and its the dual boot that cause's extra heating.

Thanx click, for the gangster tip, my Xbox is wrecked from my temper tantrums so i need no clip. :wink:

My xbox only works for about 10 mins, then overheats, and wont load any dash, so this might help.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Ogrish wrote: and its the dual boot that cause's extra heating.
thanks for the hedzup I have a 85W extractor fan lying around that'll suck your granny through a garden hose.

have you checked your thermal shut off point in your dash settings?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

You can use Yelo Neighborhood to change your fan speed.
I don't think I included it in the main functionality though, so you'll need to write a script.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
bobyza1

Post by bobyza1 »

hey guys im new to this website but not to modding and i have tried to use these files from the root of the C and E drives and in the folders provided and i still cant seem to get them to work whenever i use them from root and i load it it gives me a f***ed up screen and when i load the .xbe from the provided folders it says "LOADING... DEBUG MODE," :¬_¬: and it has the big Xbox logo behind it so if you guys could please help me out i would appreciate it.

--bobyza1
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

More info needed;

What dash / version are you running?
What's a screwed up screen, multiple colored pixels/lines or xbox error screen?
When loading from folder does it show the loading screen, then reboot or just lock up?
bobyza1

Post by bobyza1 »

i am running evox on a softmodded xbox, the screwed up screen is a bunch of scrolling lines and if i move my cursor up and down i can hear the sound of it scrolling like on the regular dash except i cant see anything, also when i load from folder it shows loading screen then goes to the UNLEASHED X logo with the screwed up screen, and then it goes to the dash with the screwed up screen and thanks for the reply . :)

--bobyza1

-EDIT-

my xbox version is 1.1
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

It sounds like the debug may be using the wrong video setting. Does your Xbox use PAL or NSTC? When I accidentally set mine to PAL I got a black and white screen with horizontal lines, I could barely see what was on the screen.

Try using a different dashboard. Open the Dashboard.xbx file and change xshell.xbe to xboxdash.xbe or what your Evox dashboard is (I think it's just evox.xbe).
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
bobyza1

Post by bobyza1 »

my xbox uses NTSC, how do i check that. and ill try that give you an update later, thanks man. :D

--bobyza1

-EDIT-

the Dashboard.xbx file already had evox in it :?: so im gonna try using xshell.
bobyza1

Post by bobyza1 »

ok the dash is still giving me the f***ed up screen and its not exactly the way you described it its like red and blue and i can see a couple of buttons and its actually like lines going up and down like super fast and since im on evox, the blue part is my dash, i know cause if i use the analog stick to move up and down it sounds like im on my regular evox dash except i cant see anything but random sh*t all over the screen and im afraid my tv is going to explode! :cry:

-EDIT-

i went to my xbox info by pressing Y and it says im on NTSC M and i foun out how to change it it gives me the options of OFF, NTSC M, NTSC J, PAL, and below that it says Forrce PAL60 and that is on NO instead of YES which are the 2 options.

i am also on a softmodded xbox so......does that mean that i cant do the debug mode?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I ran Debug on my softmod, using UnleashX. If I remember correctly I had to get a certain version of UnleashX to get it to work though.