Ambiance v1.0 - Perfect Sound Injector

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Ambiance v1.0 - Perfect Sound Injector

Post by Grimdoomer »

Ok here is a fixed, tested, and perfect build.

Features
  • Internalize Any Sound
    Inject a Sound of Any Size
    Inject Wma into Wav and Vice Versa
How To Use
  • 1) Install the Xbox ADPMC Codec, included in the rar
    2) Run Ambiance and Set your Settings
Warning: When Injecting larger sounds, it is not recommended you inject a sound larger then 1mb per tag. You will overrun the xbox's Sound Buffer and the sound will not play, or the game will freeze.

To Inject Music larger the 1mb, split it into 1mb blocks, and inject each into its own tag. Then Create a lsnd tag you piece them together.
Attachments
Ambiance.rar
Ambiance
(157.2 KiB) Downloaded 637 times
Ambiance src.rar
Ambiance Source
(359.41 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Dr Flatulator

Re: Ambiance v1.0 - Perfect Sound Injector

Post by Dr Flatulator »

Cool, thanks.

Why are some sounds split into chunks? Is it so if the sound needs to stop because of something else or what?

I tried injecting a .wav over the ghost boost, and then I resigned the map. It still says failed to load though. I internalised the sounds first aswell.

Pllllzzzz add a loop button & a button to play chunk after chunk. =D
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Great! :D Also, in the previous build, the Sniper Rifle firing sound had multiple sound chunks. When I injected my custom sound, it made it so there was only one. Was that intended or is it a bug?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Eaton wrote:Great! :D Also, in the previous build, the Sniper Rifle firing sound had multiple sound chunks. When I injected my custom sound, it made it so there was only one. Was that intended or is it a bug?
It's because there are 4 different sounds for the sniper rifle, so it sounds more realistic, not the same sound every time.

@Dr Flatulator: There is a Play All button, and you dont have to internalize the sound, as I don't overwrite the raw. You must have done something wrong, and Ambiance signs the map after internalizing or injecting a sound.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Yay! Thanks!

And I got the first copy, sorry buds :p
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
KIWIDOGGIE

Post by KIWIDOGGIE »

Injecting the Six Flags theme into Terminal for the Generator Sound = Working and Epic Win!
99% Of the Xbox Scene are retards.
Xbox Scene wrote:All Hail Jester!
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

What the fuck does this mean?

I get this error on wav sounds regardless weather or not the file is the correct format.
Even if I say extract a wav sound and reinject that very same unchanged sound back into the tag from once it came, it will inject a 3 second or so long blank sound.

Although WMA sounds inject just fine....until it plays in-game and freezes. (¬_¬)
Then I try again: I internaize a WMA sound, extract the sound, inject the very same sound back in, freezes when played.

Also, why does injecting into a sound comstantly make the map size grow? What's wrong with the old data that you need to constantly add more and more.

I found that if I inject a sound even if it's the exact same filesize, format, and length, the map will still fucking grow. That's so asinine when people inject large sounds but have to inject them again when making changes.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Image
What the fuck does this mean?

I get this error on wav sounds regardless weather or not the file is the correct format.
Even if I say extract a wav sound and reinject that very same unchanged sound back into the tag from once it came, it will inject a 3 second or so long blank sound.

Although WMA sounds inject just fine....until it plays in-game and freezes. (¬_¬)
Then I try again: I internaize a WMA sound, extract the sound, inject the very same sound back in, freezes when played.

Also, why does injecting into a sound comstantly make the map size grow? What's wrong with the old data that you need to constantly add more and more.

I found that if I inject a sound even if it's the exact same filesize, format, and length, the map will still fucking grow. That's so asinine when people inject large sounds but have to inject them again when making changes.
Did you download the new version? I fixed that exception, and a cuple other things such as the WMA problem. Also it makes the map bigger because instead of writting over the old sound raw, I wrote it at the end of the sound raw table.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Yes I have the new version and that what I get the errors from.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Hmm, download it again and see if you get the same exception, if you do, post the exception details.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Actually I think I found my issue. I think I was injecting a sterio sound into a mono tag...which solves the issue of the exception error.
However this still does not fix that fact that the injected WAV sound is blank after injection and then the map never loads.

I'm also curios about the Internalizer. If the injected sound is added to the end of the maps sound raw, why the hell is there an Internalizer button?
The internalized raw will never be used anyway.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Actually I think I found my issue. I think I was injecting a sterio sound into a mono tag...which solves the issue of the exception error.
However this still does not fix that fact that the injected WAV sound is blank after injection and then the map never loads.

I'm also curios about the Internalizer. If the injected sound is added to the end of the maps sound raw, why the hell is there an Internalizer button?
The internalized raw will never be used anyway.
Because if I didn't have the internalize button people would complain. Now when you say blank, do you mean it wont play in game or the app, or the sound file is just 00s after extraction?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

What I did this time was extract the boost sound for the ghost, shift the pitch down and resave it.
The sound data is there after injection but like 7 bytes are changed and it just goes right to the end when started.

And no, I don't know if it plays in-game because it never actually got there. Forever loading in the lobby.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Forever loading in the lobby.
Same with me....
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Wierd, it worked perfect for me, and the sound I injected worked fine. It only took a cuple seconds to load also. Are you injecting wav or Wma?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

The ghost sounds were WAV. Map never left the lobby.

The "Suicide" UI sound played when you killed yourself is WMA. When I injected into it, even if it was the untouched sound I extracted, the sound would freeze the map once played.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

What map is this? I would like to try this for myself.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Coagulation

WAV = sound\vehicles\ghost\ghost_boost_left\track1\loop
WMA = sound\dialog\multiplayer\general\misc\suicide
KIWIDOGGIE

Post by KIWIDOGGIE »

I will try those tags on a DLC map on a Xbox 360 to see if I get the same problem.

Edit: 360 Freezes
99% Of the Xbox Scene are retards.
Xbox Scene wrote:All Hail Jester!
activebomber

Post by activebomber »

Hi, I'm new around these parts, but I used to mod halo ce, and now im trying out H2X. I thought i would try this out, just to get used to the app. I am having some trouble, whenever i inject sounds, they get corrupted.

Im not internalizing then injecting either.

I also noticed the app is very buggy in that it has to be completely closed and reopened to look at another map, otherwise the raw pointers show the wrong labels.

Im using xp 32 bit w/sp3 and all .net.

Thanks in advance.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Can you please supply the sound clip you are using and describe the processes you are taking to inject the sound? With that I can try debugging the source and upload a fixed version if possible.
activebomber

Post by activebomber »

JacksonCougar wrote:Can you please supply the sound clip you are using and describe the processes you are taking to inject the sound? With that I can try debugging the source and upload a fixed version if possible.
Heres the clip; ignore the sound, it was just to get it working.

to inject the sound, all i did was click inject and locate the sound, I didnt internalize or anything, according to Grimdoomers post.

Thanks for your time.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Which map, which sound?
activebomber

Post by activebomber »

JacksonCougar wrote:Which map, which sound?
Sorry my bad, didn't think that would matter since Ambiance doesnt overwrite raw, it creates new, acording to Grimdoomers post.

sniper rifle fire on Zanzibar

Thank-you for your time
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Most likly a codec problem.