Ambiance v1.0 - Perfect Sound Injector

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Ambiance v1.0 - Perfect Sound Injector

Post by JacksonCougar »

Nope, ambiance injects the sound fucked up: after injection (I could only get it to inject by internalizing the sound first too btw) it creates a giant hole in the map. Try it Grim, its your code and you should be able to fix it easier than I.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

JacksonCougar wrote:Nope, ambiance injects the sound fucked up: after injection (I could only get it to inject by internalizing the sound first too btw) it creates a giant hole in the map. Try it Grim, its your code and you should be able to fix it easier than I.
It works fine, besides the codec problem which is not something I can fix. Also internalizing a sound then injecting is the quivialant to injecting two sounds. It works fine, it's just the fucking codec. Use wma files.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
activebomber

Post by activebomber »

Grimdoomer wrote: Use wma files.
I tried that too. I tried internalizing existing and not internalizing. Both resulted in a squeaky choking canary sound, which is as far from the original sound as I think we could get.

It would appear that your app is very flawed.

Here is the .wma if you would like to try it, Grimdoomer. Injecting that to replace the sniper fire sound on Zanzibar.

Thanks for your time.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

His app works fine, you have to make sure you save the sound so that it's playing at the same rate as the sound you're injecting it over.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
activebomber

Post by activebomber »

xxpenguinxx wrote:His app works fine, you have to make sure you save the sound so that it's playing at the same rate as the sound you're injecting it over.
Well I'm using Sony Sound Forge to convert and save sounds into the various formats and data rates. Why don't you download the sound I uploaded and try it for yourself? If you can get it working, post a patch here, and we can all see.

Thanks for your time.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

activebomber wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote: Use wma files.
I tried that too. I tried internalizing existing and not internalizing. Both resulted in a squeaky choking canary sound, which is as far from the original sound as I think we could get.

It would appear that your app is very flawed.

Here is the .wma if you would like to try it, Grimdoomer. Injecting that to replace the sniper fire sound on Zanzibar.

Thanks for your time.
It's not that app for fucks sake all it does is goto the end of the sound table, write the sound file, which in all honestly could be anything with a wav or wma extension, and add a couple chunks to the coconuts tag, then fixes some offsets.

And jackson stop making shit up, it doesn't leave a hole in the map because if it did then fucking map wouldn't load.

I see that it is making some wierd ass sound, make sure the sound plays at the same rate as the sound you are injecting over. It sounds like your sound is playing extreamly fast. Try slowing it down.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Don't tell me I am making shit up when you refuse to do it yourself.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

If there where holes then the map wouldn't load and you know that. When I injected the sound and looked at it in UAT there where 0 holes, so your either using a map that is already fucked or you fucked the map yourself.

So please tell me how Ambiance makes holes in a map if the map loads?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I never said the map loaded. Using his sound and a clean Zanzibar I internalized siper_rifle fire then injected his sound over that sound. Voila. Holy holes.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

JacksonCougar wrote:I never said the map loaded. Using his sound and a clean Zanzibar I internalized siper_rifle fire then injected his sound over that sound. Voila. Holy holes.
Why internalize if injecting will just insert new raw instead of overwriting it..... And I'm pretty sure I tested internalizing, so maybe you resource maps are fucked up or something.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Also holes will not always cause a map to not load, it will make it more difficult to create a patch for it though. Obviously it all depends on what section of the map the hole is in.
activebomber

Post by activebomber »

Grimdoomer wrote:And I'm pretty sure I tested internalizing, so maybe you resource maps are fucked up or something.
Well I thought of this too, long before i ever posted here. I triple checked, etc. Everyone keeps saying this app works fine, Grimdoomer, we are telling you it doesn't, sorry. Believe me when I say I have really tried to get it working.

Can we move on now, and maybe get it fixed?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

The first version you released worked like shit, but it was better then this updated version.
Im not trying to be an ass, Im just trying to help you believe it dont work.

The first version Killed my ruins map several times. I got it to work but the sounds didnt sound the same ingame as they did in app. They became fast high pitch static.
The new version has never worked for me. The maps wont load after using it.
You should go back and fix the old version.

Edit:
I will try it out again, on a clean beavercreek, ill extract magnum firing, then reinject it.
Ill do it with the older version too (if i can find it), then ill post my results, and all steps taken.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Well it works fine for me.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

This version works for me. I reinstalled codec befor this test.
I extracted, and reinjected, magnum firing sound.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Download I found out it is the same thing as the normal ADPCM codec just a different version.

I do distinctivly remember someone sending me a wma or wav for "When Tears Fall Down - BFMV" and I inject and it worked fine, at normal speed too.

You have to realize that Ambiance does nothing more than goto offset, write sound raw. I don't touch the actuall sound file at all. So these wierd side effects are not from Ambiance but your own fault.
activebomber

Post by activebomber »

Grimdoomer wrote:Well it works fine for me.

Apparently JUST YOU, as the other posts in this thread are showing.

I guess I'll just the old H2UST instead of your tool.

Thanks for your time.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Im sorry grim
I was wrong
I can extract a sound file and reinject it with the old one and it works fine, (unedited).

When i import the sound file to Audicity what settings do i use?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Ogrish wrote:Im sorry grim
I was wrong
I can extract a sound file and reinject it with the old one and it works fine, (unedited).

When i import the sound file to Audicity what settings do i use?
Not sure. You will have to play around with it.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Lol i was wrong again.

When i thought it worked, the changes didnt save. The working version is clean lol

Sorry grim the old one dont work after all
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Super bump!

Has anyone been able to successfully install the XBADPCM codec on Windows 7? Im having some major trouble with it, and I can't get it recognized by Windows 7. I'm thinking it's not installing in the correct place.

To be more specific, I can't import extracted .wav files from Ambiance into Sony Sound Forge. I get an error saying, "Error occurred while opening codec."
"Unsupported compression type" in Adobe Premiere.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

No, I just installed Windows XP on a Virtual Machine and used Ambiance and H2ST on that when I was working with sound injection.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

DoorM4n wrote:Super bump!

Has anyone been able to successfully install the XBADPCM codec on Windows 7? Im having some major trouble with it, and I can't get it recognized by Windows 7. I'm thinking it's not installing in the correct place.

To be more specific, I can't import extracted .wav files from Ambiance into Sony Sound Forge. I get an error saying, "Error occurred while opening codec."
"Unsupported compression type" in Adobe Premiere.
Well, all I did was right click the .inf file it comes with, click "Install" and wait a few seconds.
After that, I was able to listen to sounds extracted with Ambiance with no problem, they even play on WMP.

As for saving, I made a custom profile for Sony Sound Forge in which I save as Stereo, 44100 hz, 392 (or so, can't remember exactly) kbps wav files using the XBADPCM codec, which I chosed from a list of "available codecs" at SSF.

But, for injection I use H2ST (on XP) because it lets you inject over a specific sound chunk if sound tag has multiple chunks, like Sniper Rifle firing sound, it has 4 sound chunks.

I have Windows 7 Professional x86, I also have Win XP on another partition and I installed it the same way, and I can listen and save files using that codec without problem on both OS's.
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I have a 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate so Im not sure if that may be the problem.

However, thanks to Clicks suggestion, I got everything working on the Windows XP Virtual Mode.

Problem Solved.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Could I get some help with this? Hello? Anyone?

I've been trying to extract some sounds for a personal project but I've found that a lot of the sounds end up sounding like Barry White (very very deep). Anyone else have a similar problem? Pretty sure it's the codec, but I'm not sure.

I'm running this in XP through a virtual machine.

**the sounds that do this seem to be Mono 22050kbps without any compression