Halo2 Machinima

Gary

Halo2 Machinima

Post by Gary »

Modding is Slowly dieing, and sadly when a few of people who want to mod they just google "halo mods" then when they get to Halomods.com, theres to many people so, no one gets any real help,
so no modders are made, or any good mods.
This Place is good, the admins/mods are not Ban-Happy, they know how to run things, so far eveything is going good.
But not many people come here to learn , most the time the only way to find this place is to look for it.
We need a way to get people here and want to mod!
So why not machinima?
Tons of people love it, with modding we can bring people here and get them to want to mod,
plus if we show the people what halo2 modding can do, they will want to do it too, thus slowly binging h2 modding back to life!
I already made a Remnant Mods Youtube Page(@ Admins, AIM me for the pass)
We just need to get a group of us together to start it,
they need to have great ideas for this kinda thing,
Just Post here to become a part of it!

But First an Admin has to post here saying he approves!
Right Now This Project Is: Approved ~ XZ
Thanks!
Last edited by Gary on Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Halo2 Machinima

Post by XZodia »

i think your being a bit over-optimistic but i like the sound of a youtube page...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Gary

Post by Gary »

After reading it over, i do sound a bit "over optimistic"
And the Youtube is already made, click Remnant Mods Youtube Page
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

yeah a youtube page doesnt sound too bad, actually.

But heres an idea, remember youtube videos work of tags, so y not start putting remnant mods on the video title and in the tags, or maybe in the credits, some way to advertise this place, since we dont seem to do much of it :(
Rockymods

Post by Rockymods »

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGqO20Ve-VM&feature=user but of course better :P
I like the idea though!
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

lol nice clip there

We could do something like RvB only with a little twist to it, and maybe we could do it using the killtrocity levels or something :shock:
Gary

Re: Halo2 Machiniman

Post by Gary »

i dont think we can do as good as RvB...
and we can use the killtrocity map pack in some videos,
but we can do all that stuff too.
We need a Leader for it tho, someone on all the time, good upload speed, likes videos, can mod h2x....
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

gjsdeath wrote:someone on all the time, good upload speed, likes videos, can mod h2x....
I match all those specs ;)
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Dragonfire wrote:
gjsdeath wrote:someone on all the time, good upload speed, likes videos, can mod h2x....
i think there are better people that qualify, like neodos. not that it has to be him, i just threw that name out there.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Dragonfire wrote:
like zack said,
NotZachary82 wrote: i think there are better people that qualify, like neodos. not that it has to be him, i just threw that name out there.
Plus we need someone higher in modding (like neodos, but he has a bad up speed) and we are not saying you suck at modding or anything , you just kinda new to it.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

eh, i would suck being the leader of a halo project anyways :p
neodos

Post by neodos »

Yeah sure, atm i don't really want to mod because i don't have fun modding anymore, however making small mods but cool, for machinima is more intresting, i have already done mods for a machinima.

But first you'd need a good idea to make a machinima, a script that people will enjoy and then it has to be well filmed and blahblabah...

What kind of machinima can we do?
War: way too much used
Humour: j i let u guys to it cuz Americans doesn't has same humor as Europeans mbmb well liek i can't joke iin english yet mbmb? xD
Scarry movie with floodz: that is great if well done XD

But that's just the common things that have been done on h2 machinima without mods, but we can have all mods we want so we should be able to make something new, with new characters new scenes normaly unusable vehicles etc
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

*tries to think of a script*

Damn, the wording can be easy but its getting everyone on the same page thats a bitch :x
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Ha, that flood one would be awesome with AI in MP stuff.
And AI Zones.

Stuff like that :P
Gary

Post by Gary »

Flood thing sounds good, and we do need use more things that are unusable with out modding, and Humor is always good
Rockymods

Post by Rockymods »

We could always ask the PICS guys to use their script. They were gonna make one with mods and had the script ready but was unable to do the required things. I tried to help but in the end it never went through.
http://www.partners-in-crime-studios.com
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

We should do some models for like a cafe lounge, maybe make a town :shock:

I would definitely be interested in making a town model, plus if its squarish, then we could use neodos parallelepipedals and create custom coll ;)
neodos

Post by neodos »

In fact all phmo are generaly using only parallelepipedals, you can have as many boxes on one phmo tag as you want, combine these boxes to make the phmo "model" that's how all games physics coll models are, boxes put together overlapping to recreate the visual model for physic.

So what kind of machinima do you guys want to do?

I say floods, i remember the cinematic of the floods and marines on halo 1 when masterchief views a record of a marine, that is amazing, that's what i'd like to make :P
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

I think it would be interesting to do a war themed mod and a town/community one ;)
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Lets create a virtual Remnantmods cafe with the faces of the marines being us :p
neodos

Post by neodos »

Haha that's a great idea :XD:

Well i think that Ai should be only used for background fights and that the mains characters must be players and the floods or enemies that they fight must be player too, ai for background fights.

But atm no one has a script idea or whatever? me neither :?
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

Dont you think youtube sucks for video quality, I'm sure haven the videos hosted on a privet server would be better then hosting it on youtube but as for youtube i would say its a good place to see ppl join the forums and helping out but then its a 50% 50% good and bad thing 50% bad video quality 50% seeing new ppl join the forums.
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app
Gary

Post by Gary »

[TT] wrote:Dont you think youtube sucks for video quality, I'm sure haven the videos hosted on a privet server would be better then hosting it on youtube but as for youtube i would say its a good place to see ppl join the forums and helping out but then its a 50% 50% good and bad thing 50% bad video quality 50% seeing new ppl join the forums.
i know wut you mean, i cant see to find a online video player kinda wut Redvsblue have on there site, but i just cant find one, plus that kinda thing kills bandwidth...
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

I've got one that has a menu to it that attachs to the video player thing is its realy picky about what server its hosted on
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app