Entity 2.1.24

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
Ogrish

Re: Entity 2.1.4

Post by Ogrish »

After you fix Entitys bugs, you should start on H2Core. 8-)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:After you fix Entitys bugs, you should start on H2Core. 8-)
I've never really used H2 Core.
1) What features does it have that Entity doesn't?
2) What's wrong with it?
3) And lastly, is it public source code?

And as for being finished with Entity's bugs... that may be a while... :rub:
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

H2core is a map rebuilder.
Its not really worth selvaging.
Lots.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Forgot to mention this but, still having an issue with collections not spawning in game where you place them in bsp viewer. It seems that the xyz values along with roll pitch and yaw, are still being rounded in meta editor. I only found this out because I wrote down a placement in bsp viewer, then went to find it under meta, and the value was rounded higher. Have you noticed this as well?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Unless it's rounded past a tenth, you will probably never notice the change.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

JacksonCougar wrote:Unless it's rounded past a tenth, you will probably never notice the change.
I'd say thousandths if you have a sharp eye.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

I forget the amount of number placements that it is short. But trust me, you notice between UE1.6 and 2.1.4. Also you notice in game as well, along with bsp viewer.
MrMurder

Post by MrMurder »

Hey guys its great to see the work going into this again i was all but convinced that halo 2 modding had gone to pasture since i was here.
Im looking forward to these new features but on a side note adding weather has always been an issue without using either detoxs weather app or H2Core which unfortunatly after using means nothing else can be added to the map without killing it im wondering if anyone else has another way to do this?
Thanks For You're Time
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

MrMurder wrote:Hey guys its great to see the work going into this again i was all but convinced that halo 2 modding had gone to pasture since i was here.
Im looking forward to these new features but on a side note adding weather has always been an issue without using either detoxs weather app or H2Core which unfortunatly after using means nothing else can be added to the map without killing it im wondering if anyone else has another way to do this?
When editing your tag in H2G, copy all of the Weather Polyhedral chunks into your map. That should make it work.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Actually, you can still build items into a map after you have used H2Core. I've done so many times, and have done it recently involving my map pack. Weather(<---- I made a pun!) or not you can successfully build things after a conversion or edit with h2core/guerilla, depends on luck....basically how stable of a rebuild did you get. Unless it is cloning chunks that is your problem? In which case, you may want to think hard and plan out your mod before hand, just to see if you can use existing placements and palettes, from the base map or whatever map you are using in the end.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Twinreaper wrote:Actually, you can still build items into a map after you have used H2Core. I've done so many times, and have done it recently involving my map pack. Weather(<---- I made a pun!) or not you can successfully build things after a conversion or edit with h2core/guerilla, depends on luck....basically how stable of a rebuild did you get. Unless it is cloning chunks that is your problem? In which case, you may want to think hard and plan out your mod before hand, just to see if you can use existing placements and palettes, from the base map or whatever map you are using in the end.
Yes, but building a weather tag into a map without weather does nothing. The only way to do it is with H2Core (recommended) or Detox's tool.
Skoron

Post by Skoron »

I'm liking this. One question though: does thus have proper bumpmap injection, because it seems to mess up my the bumps when I use this version.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Skoron wrote:I'm liking this. One question though: does thus have proper bumpmap injection, because it seems to mess up my the bumps when I use this version.
Just inject your bumpmaps into camo bitmaps if you have such issues. The bumpmap injection code is bugged on 1.6 and I am not sure whether or not this even uses the P8 injection code.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Twinreaper wrote:Forgot to mention this but, still having an issue with collections not spawning in game where you place them in bsp viewer. It seems that the xyz values along with roll pitch and yaw, are still being rounded in meta editor. I only found this out because I wrote down a placement in bsp viewer, then went to find it under meta, and the value was rounded higher. Have you noticed this as well?
The values listed on the bottom bar of BSP viewer screen ARE rounded, but just for saving viewing space. The actual placement on-sreen and values that are saved are not rounded.
Although they are not updated after a move, holding your mouse over the object on the left side bar I think gives you the exact X,Y,Z value without rounding.

Why are you looking for them in the Meta Editor? Possibly another option that could be added in the viewer?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.5

Post by troymac1ure »

Sorry for the double post, but entity 2.1.5 is out.
Basically allows changing of most objects from within the BSP viewer and a new meta editor encorporated by Prey (No more crashing due to memory leaks & a few more options).

...and for those that D/L Prey's release, this has the corrected BSP viewer rotations.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Testing now.
bsp faces option dont work.
Gary

Post by Gary »

This Entity can view brushes now?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Ogrish wrote:Testing now.
bsp faces option dont work.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o291 ... entity.png
You sure? Cause to me it looks allot like the glass on the top of the base is gone.

Nevermind, I realized which that ballot box was for.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

strange, after i opened clean beavercreek then bsp viewer tested the bsp faces option i saved the changes (none made) then closed Entity, after posting i tried to open the same map and its broke and cant be opened.

Edit i open a clean beaver creek, open scrn in meta editor, then open bsp viewer then unselect a bsp face and save then close Entity. now the map is broke.

Ive done this twice with a clean beavercreek, and twice it broke map.
I did the same for ascension but its fine, beavercreek now is 1 mb larger.
Last edited by Ogrish on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Nice build, But the meta editor is a bit buggy, Sometimes when I load a tag, for instance the Scenario tag, When I scroll half way down and it will jump around. Like so:

Example 1:

As I was moving my mouse, it caused the meta editor to "jump."

Example 2:

Some textboxes and dropdownboxes extend and contract.
Prey

Post by Prey »

It is not a bug. What is happening is when your mouse moves over a tag ref or reflexive, it's entire combobox is populated, as it thinks it is about to be used. The shifting around occurs because the combobox resizes to fit it's largest item, which then starts off a resizing process for all elements.

If it is a problem i guess Troy could always re-code it to handle like S-IDs do, where a separate form is opened. I only did this for S-IDs though as they have so many items, and so you had to wait around for 5-6 seconds for the combobox to even open..
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

The reason I do a lot of meta editor edits with cords, is because I like to have flag base scenery placed perfectly, and you need certain cords of player spawns to change the player respawn zones for teams. Something that canot be done in bsp viewer....at least not that I know of.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

It would be great if objective scenary moved with the objectives...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:strange, after i opened clean beavercreek then bsp viewer tested the bsp faces option i saved the changes (none made) then closed Entity, after posting i tried to open the same map and its broke and cant be opened.

Edit i open a clean beaver creek, open scrn in meta editor, then open bsp viewer then unselect a bsp face and save then close Entity. now the map is broke.

Ive done this twice with a clean beavercreek, and twice it broke map.
I did the same for ascension but its fine, beavercreek now is 1 mb larger.
It wasn't in the BSP Faces. It was with the addition of the Obstacle changer. Fixed now in build 1040.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

In this version when i select a bloc and tick parsed then duplicate recursively i get 2 models instead of 1 the shader and bitm is also duplicated.