Entity 2.1.24

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.6

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:well i tried this one out on my kids pc, it would give me an objects not set to a refrnce error everytime i opened a map, it gives me the same error when saving in bsp viewer, and it freezes when i try to close the viewer, then must be close via taskmanager.
after reopening map it appears everything was saved correctly.
Looking into these. I don't get the error on opening maps, but I will track it down.
I'll go look at the BSP Viewer now and the Bitm later.

EDIT: Fixed the BSP Viewer error. Mine doesn't freeze, however, it may have had something to do with the error.

EDIT: Found error with Bitmaps. This version extracts all bitmaps, not just the first, but it doesn't work properly. The first bitmap will still be extracted. If there are multiple chunks, look for a subdirectory for the DDS files. I will work on getting it extracting all properly.

EDIT: Got it extracting all LOD and chunks properly (except lightmaps, etc). Need to work on injection of all LODs now :roll:

Found bug in auto-updater. Recommend you delete the UpdateEnt.exe file from the Entity directory (will then auto d/l the newest version) for when the next release comes out
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Wow Troy, you have really put a lot of hard work and dedication into this version of Entoty, I'm sure everyone here can say thank you for your courtesy. :D
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Thanks. It's nice to have support.
Shock120 wrote:is xbox7887's technique incorporated?
http://xbox7887.haloblogs.com/?cat=4

thanks for this work, I hope for more fixes, and for more features.
No, but I did write my own that is close. Not quite as fast, but way faster than the old resigner.

Also, found the map load bug -> Fixed as well (problem with Recently Opened Files). will release patch soon.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Shock120 wrote:fast is what everyone wants! incorporate the code that makes it faster! plz! :roll:
Is it really that slow on your machine? I run all this on my laptop (which isn't very new) and it only takes a second or two to resign (if that). I can't see it being that much faster.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Shock you don't even mod >_>
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Shock120 wrote: and Troy it ain't even slow, it was an idea.
could it be used for anything else?
Not really. The signing thing just adds up the value of every byte in the file, so because it's very repetetive, anything that speeds up one loop that is done 70,000,000 times even a small amount will speed up the whole thing quite a bit.

Everything else is basically a one time thing, so no.
I wrote it so that it will run faster on a faster machine, so go buy the newest computer 8-)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Shock120 wrote: :|
Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Gaming graphics 3839 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary hard disk 35GB Free (195GB Total)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system

er, yeah I'll get a better one.
Good news. It'll run faster on your machine than on a 80286 8/12Mhz 256kb RAM with the turbo button pushed in.

Oh yeah. New version out to fix numerous bugs. Should come through on the auto-update.
If you experience any problems, try deleting the "UpdateEnt.EXE" file from your Entity directory first.
If you still do, lemme know and I'll check into it.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

In all the 2.1s ive noticed after building in custom tags, everything must be relinked
Click16

Post by Click16 »

In the Update (Build 6200) When exporting bitmaps, some still error. Others (like the shield meter) will extract but are corrupt.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Could I make a request? If you could incorporate AI spawns into the BSP viewer that would be great
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Is it only giving extraction problems with bitmaps that contain more than one image? Shield meter for example is comprised of 4 bitmaps I think, similar to the aiming scopes or reticules things.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I tried the Magnum meter, it has only one bitmap. It errored as well. It has to do with the deswizzler.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:In all the 2.1s ive noticed after building in custom tags, everything must be relinked
Are you talking all the stringID and idents in the new tag? Let me know and I will (re)fix it.

fuzzman wrote:Could I make a request? If you could incorporate AI spawns into the BSP viewer that would be great
I never do AI. What tag do you use for the spawn locations?
Click16 wrote:I tried the Magnum meter, it has only one bitmap. It errored as well. It has to do with the deswizzler.
I know there are still issues with extraction and corrupted outputs. Still working on all that. Just learning more on the DDS format and stuff so I know what I'm doing. I think I know where some of the corruption lies. Will check it out later.
Last edited by troymac1ure on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Shock120 wrote:
troymac1ure wrote:
fuzzman wrote:Could I make a request? If you could incorporate AI spawns into the BSP viewer that would be great
I never do AI. What tag do you use for the spawn locations?
[scnr]
entity v1.3 had this, but then they removed it in other versions.
No, Entity v1.3 AI had this, which was a user edit. Brok3n Halo never incorporated that spawn type.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
neodos

Post by neodos »

Cuz they were nubs :p
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I know this is an old post, but I am working through it now and could use some help.
JacksonCougar wrote:I'm gonna' download this: please dun' eat my maps dar' mister application. :l0l:
  • Bugs
  • Bitmaps - Clicking on raw subtree node does not update the displayed bitmap. LODs are treated as chunks.
BSP improvements are awesome. I would love to be able to use lowers LODs however ;p

Bitmap Display Code: do with as you will, this is old code, so forgive the layout and horrid syntax :l0l:

Code: Select all

case FormatEnum.A4R4G4B4://Working
      if (Swizzle == true)
         DecodedLOD = BitmapSection_old.Swizzle(DecodedLOD, PixelOffset, _Width_, _Height_, Depth, 16, true);
      _Width_ = BitmapMethods.CalculateTrueDimensions(_Height_, _Width_, Format, LOD1Size, 32);
      int QuarterSourceDataLength = DecodedLOD.Length;
      RecodedLOD = new byte[DecodedLOD.Length * 2];
      for (int i = 0; i < QuarterSourceDataLength; i += 2)
      {
         RecodedLOD[(i * 2) + 3] = (byte)(DecodedLOD[i] & 0XF0);
         RecodedLOD[(i * 2) + 2] = (byte)(DecodedLOD[i] & 0X0F);
         RecodedLOD[(i * 2) + 1] = (byte)(DecodedLOD[i + 1] & 0XF0);
         RecodedLOD[(i * 2)] = (byte)(DecodedLOD[i + 1] & 0X0F);
      }
      DecodedLOD = RecodedLOD;
      break;
[/quote]

I have been working on the ARGB4 format and I have found an issue. Your code looks identical to the code I have, but when I display it, only the blue channel has alpha.
It appears that the Blue & Alpha channels are tied together and that the Red & Green channels are tied together. I get it to display properly in Entity, but when outputting it to DDS, the red/green channels are lost as there is no Alpha channel associated with it.
Have you gotten these to display both sections properly?

for example:
ui\global_bitmaps\emblems\foreground
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

He did. I can send you the code if you want.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

please. Can't figure out why these aren't displaying right.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I deleted the audate, tried to update, it acts like it works, but entity is still build 6000, and if i open a clean map in bsp viewer save changes then sign map, map freezes.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:I deleted the audate, tried to update, it acts like it works, but entity is still build 6000, and if i open a clean map in bsp viewer save changes then sign map, map freezes.
The map freezing is one of the fixes in build 6200.

Is your Entity in a folder called "..\Entity 2.1\" or did you change it? I fixed it in the new updater so it can be in any directory, but there was an issue with this in the first updater version. If you erased the UpdateEnt.exe file it should have Updater v1.2 though.

Also, do you use WinRar for Rar files or some other program? Do you see WinRar popup just after hitting the Install button? If not, then it's an issue with finding WinRar. There were some code issues with the location of WinRar, although I thought this all got fixed in Updater 1.2. I added extra info into any errors it encounters, but it doesn't seem that you are getting any errors. If all else fails, it should have d/l the "Entity 2.1.6.rar" file to Entity's directory. Just extract it the old fashioned way and it should update to build 6200.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Nothing happens after i hit install. I use 7 zip.
But the old fashion way works fine, thanx.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I don't know how you can manage to tolerate coding in entity as much as you can...
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:Nothing happens after i hit install. I use 7 zip.
But the old fashion way works fine, thanx.
It specifically looks for WinRar (as I know the command prompt options to send to it), so not having it installed is why it's failing (although it should say it's not installed :| )
I may look into using a DLL available from winRar for future updates, otherwise, your SOL for auto-update.

...and as for working on Entity's code, it's fun! So nicely laid out. Everything was planned to the "T".
actually, I've just stared at it long enough that I understand most of it. As much as I try, I'm sure some of my add-ons aren't so pretty either :roll: but they (usually) work.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Ah that made me smile. Yeah I understand what they did when I look at it long enough too, but it boggles my mind why they did it the way they did sometimes, and it just makes me cringe...
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I can't export tags right...
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.