Entity 2.1.24

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Entity 2.1.3

Post by JacksonCougar »

Its probably best to reference what's needed though, or else your wasting resources/processing time.
DoorM4n

Re: Entity 2.1.3

Post by DoorM4n »

WOWOW! :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock:
Remnant! We were the last stand.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.4

Post by troymac1ure »

I just uploaded the newest Entity v2.1.4

Changes are listed at the top, but in short, the main additions are the ability to change collection items in the viewer & bounding boxes are fixed. A few other things as well..
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Did you fix the saving issues this had?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

xzodia wrote:Did you fix the saving issues this had?
I'm guessing you found the updated 2.1.3 on the FTP site. I was getting TwinReaper to test it and realized after posting it for him it didn't save. It now saves the new itmc/vehc to the map (I think. Come to think of it I haven't verified VEHC, but it's the same code, so...)

If anyone finds anything strange let me know. I only implemented collection changes at the moment, but could easily copy most of the code for Scenery/etc.
I haven't thoroughly tested the bounding box positions, but the ones I did look at on a couple different maps were all correct and the solution made sense.

...and I haven't compared rotations on the xbox to those on here, but object placement looks more natural, so if you notice the rotation is still out, let me know and I'll find a time to hook the computer & xbox up side by side and play with it some more.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Great update :]
Aside: the width values of bitmaps cannot really be trusted: when your gathering the meta to display bitmaps, ignore the width and calculate it yourself from the height, bitsperpixel, and the actual datasize :]
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

JacksonCougar wrote:Great update :]
Aside: the width values of bitmaps cannot really be trusted: when your gathering the meta to display bitmaps, ignore the width and calculate it yourself from the height, bitsperpixel, and the actual datasize :]
I know dealing with bitmaps in DOS years ago that they would give the width, but the actual width you needed to use had to be rounded up to the nearest WORD value, so odds became even basically. I figure this is probably the same, maybe DWord though now. I'll have to look into it sometime, although it's not a huge issue.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

BTW Troy, lovin the new color coded boxes when you select an item in BSP viewer. Very handy when items you need to move are exaclty or near exact same locations. Oh, you need to tell me what kind of vending machine you want!
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

nice work but theres a problem with selecting death zones.
In the previous version i tested i could select a deathzone, only by clicking select all, but it would work. In this one if i try that, i get and error messeage, then bsp viewer closes.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:nice work but theres a problem with selecting death zones.
In the previous version i tested i could select a deathzone, only by clicking select all, but it would work. In this one if i try that, i get and error messeage, then bsp viewer closes.
I just tried it on a SP->MP conversion with no problems, selecting with the mouse (very exact), Select & Select All Deathzones and this map even contains deathzones of 0 width, height, length so I dunno. I would guess that your deathzones are broken ? Have you tried it on another map?

If it is the map, send it to me and I will see where the program is crashing and try to put in a catch for it if possible.
Twinreaper wrote: BTW Troy, lovin the new color coded boxes when you select an item in BSP viewer. Very handy when items you need to move are exaclty or near exact same locations. Oh, you need to tell me what kind of vending machine you want!
How about a DUFF vending machine to go with the Simpsons Troy MacLure theme :wink:
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

There not death zones there trigger volumes :roll:
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Touche.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

No maps work, not even clean maps.
Could this be a .net frameworks problem?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:Could this be a .net frameworks problem?
Hmmm, "StartIndex must be less than the end of the string". I think it has something to do with the fact I have it showing death zone names on the left sidebar instead of "Deathzone#1",etc. I'll try it on lockout and see if I can duplicate this. Otherwise I have a pretty good idea where to look now. Thanks.

** I can't duplicate it, but I think it has to do with an addition I included to update the X,Y,Z coordinates of objects as you move them (like Yaw, Pitch, Roll which, BTW is still not right :roll:)
I'm not sure why you'd have an issue and I don't. I will see if I can do a workaround though.

**** I managed to duplicate it. lol. It was where I thought it was and is now fixed. Updated version posted (build 34057).

Also, I know the clicking on the screen has to be on the EXACT center of deathzones ATM, but you can do the Right-Click on the sidebar under the SPAWN tag to select/deselect single objects
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

its fixed. thank you
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

I was just about to say, that you can right click those spawns from the left. lol.

Also a point of interest is the fact that with the plugin you have for scnr, you cant properly adjust the height, width and thickness of volumes. I had to use an updated one from Xzodia-Bru. BTW thanks for that man!
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Twinreaper wrote:I was just about to say, that you can right click those spawns from the left. lol.

Also a point of interest is the fact that with the plugin you have for scnr, you cant properly adjust the height, width and thickness of volumes. I had to use an updated one from Xzodia-Bru. BTW thanks for that man!
Remind me & send it this way next time I'm on MSN (if ever). My MSN reports that there's a problem with my "key ports". I'm sure that I just need to reboot, but I always have Visual c# open with Entity running something, so I just use hibernation :roll:
I guess I'll have to close all my windows down and re-open them...

Hmmmm, come to think of it I should add that feature (volume resizing) to the BSP editor...
I found the rotation was still wrong, so I took a couple of hours tonight and sat down and actually figured it out, so now I have rotations correct. Also fixed deathzones so you can just click them now.
If there are no issues with the Collection changer, I will get around to doing the same for....whatever else. Scenery, etc.
Actually these are the short term add-ons I'm thinking of:
  • Resizable trigger volumes
    Scenery changer
    Selected Items popup menu (to see and deselect selected objects)
    More options for Collections (Levitate, Weapon Type, etc)
    Correct object rotation (*FINALLY DONE*)
neodos

Post by neodos »

Awesome we can now place objects correctly with the sbsp viwer =) so we can place the collision box with entity sbso viwer :)
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Ok it worked once, but now bsp viewer wont work on any maps.
But i got the previous one working.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:Ok it worked once, but now bsp viewer wont work on any maps.
But i got the previous one working.
Try the one on the H2 Apps FTP site. It should be build 3xx, but it's the newest version. This one actually has proper rotation.
I'm gone at the moment, so I won't be checking in much for a week or so.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

...does it show water levels?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Dragonfire wrote:...does it show water levels?
Not if older versions didn't (and if it does it's a fluke :wink:)
Are you talking about headlong? What other levels have water (I know there are a couple methods of adding water)? Beaver creek shows something...
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

troymac1ure wrote:
Dragonfire wrote:...does it show water levels?
Not if older versions didn't (and if it does it's a fluke :wink:)
Are you talking about headlong? What other levels have water (I know there are a couple methods of adding water)? Beaver creek shows something...
Beaver Creek's...creek... is just sbsp mesh, not traditional water. Levels like Zanzibar, Dune, Headlong use the Water Definitions reflexive whom can be raised/lowered.

Oddly enough, Waterworks also has this reflexive but it's nulled and the map uses sbsp mesh with the water shader instead.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

I mean for any map with normal water, even if its added ;)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I've had a few people asking for the version with proper rotation, so I updated this post with that version (build 303).
Enjoy!